Total Pageviews

July 19, 2011





#10. MY DADDY  

 He is a man that is "Frank",
Generous, honest, and sincere,
Gentle, kind, loyal,
It’s great when he’s here.
He brings warmth to the room
With his masculine physic.
His dark brown eyes
And a smile in his cheek.
He is always pleasant,
Easygoing and fun,
Friendly to all.
Foe to none.
He takes me to dinner.
He’s always buying treats.
He’s the reason for a happy face
On everyone he meets.
He loaned me his car.
He loaned me some money.
He never complained.
He’s a real honey.
He fixed the lawnmower.
He vacuumed the pool.
He repaired the car.
He’s no fool.
He’s a Husband.
He’s a Father.
He’s a Grand-pop.
He’s a Friend.
He’s not bad.
He’s my Dad.
I love him.
The End.

Written by Linda Lou Jones
Glory To God
PS. 45:1 “My tongue is the pen of a ready writer.” 

FYI:  I had the honor of reading this poem to my Daddy  because I wrote it to him for Father's Day.  At that time
of our lives, I was always in church on Sunday.  He was surprised to see me show up on a Sunday morning early!
In my heart I was surprised at the instruction the Holy Spirit gave me because he told me to go and surprise Daddy.  I said I would go after church.  He said, "No, go now."  The inspiration to do so stayed strong so I obeyed.  Since that time....I have learned not to try to box God in, and not to be religious.  Just pray and obey.  I am so glad I did because I now understand that God was teaching me how to show "Honor" to my Father.  I might point out it was the only time in the past three decades that the Holy Spirit specifically told me to stay home Sunday morning.  "Forsake not the assembling of the saints..." Point made...I pray.  Okay, back to my testimony...

Daddy was sitting at the kitchen table playing solitaire, as I had seen him do hundreds and hundreds of times.
Especially during the past five years of his life during which time he had cancer.  Only during the last two
years of his life did I know Jesus as my Savior and Lord but Daddy saw a lot of changes that he knew
I could not do myself.  This got his attention plus the fact that people were praying for Daddy.  Long story short, 15 1/2 hours before Daddy crossed the finish line, I led him to the Lord.  Tears streamed down his cheeks in that hospital room as God did a deep work from within.  The wonderful song, "Amazing Grace" is especially sweet to my heart.  Without a doubt I know I will see my wonderful earthly Father, Daddy, again.  What a glorious reunion that will be.  He has been there since March '81, 31 years now and I can still see his face as clear as yesterday when I think of him.  The one verse from the Bible that I grabbed hold of was God's promise in Acts 16:31 "Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved, and thy household."  That means my immediately family.  One God, One Promise, One Daughter, One Holy Spirit inspiring me to pray with the faith God put in my heart and God honored His Word.  I give Him all the glory and use this testimony to encourage others that are praying for souls.  Never give up because God honors His Word.  He keeps His promises.  He is not a liar.  My dad was almost totally deaf and almost blind so I had to move past circumstances and believe God will do what He says.  He DID!  :-)  Acts 16:31 One of my Favorite Verses!  Glory To God




No comments:

Post a Comment