Total Pageviews

July 17, 2011

#6.  PERSONAL GETHSEMANE

That’s what this burden is:
My own personal Gethsemane.
This is why others do not understand
How I feel.
This is why it is so important
To come to you, my Lord, first
Because
You understand like no others.
Sometimes I call a friend first.
Then I realize I should have called on you.
Your arms of compassion are all I need
To comfort me.
Your grace is sufficient.
I know that now.
No human being can give me the security
That you give.
When the cross seems too heavy to bear
You remind me of one set of footprints in the sand.
Only one set, because you faithfully carry me
When the valley experience is more than I can bear.
You strengthen, uplift, and encourage me
In so many beautiful ways
That I am soon standing tall, and pressing on
Because I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Others may look at me
And think I have no problems at all
But you and I know, Lord,
That everyone must pick up their cross daily.
We must crucify the flesh daily.
We must be hid in you.
We must deny self.
You must be number one, always.
Sometimes I look at others
And think they have such an easy life
But you remind me
I have not walked in their shoes.
It’s a two-way street.
Many people can drive a car
But when behind the wheel
Individual cars respond very differently.
So it is with us, these imperfect vessels,
As you live your life through us
You may inspire fifty people to do something
And each person will respond differently.
Some will obey immediately
And take that step in faith quickly.
Others will balk and pretend they didn’t hear you,
While others will argue with you.
Regardless of how we respond to you
Your response to us never changes.
You always respond in a spirit of love
Because You, God, ARE love.
If I slip You still love and lift me.
If I complain You don’t turn your back.
If I am tempted to give up
You touch me afresh and reveal yourself in some way.
Thank you for loving me so much.
Thank you for using me to bring glory to You.
I’m on this earth for a reason;
To be an extension of Jesus Christ.
Thanks for using this hunk of clay.
Thanks for loving, understanding, being so faithful, & for teaching me with such love.
My personal Gethsemane will never overcome me
Because I know you personally.
You were right Lord, in saying:
“Many are called, but few are chosen.” Matt. 22:14
It is no secret what God can do.
With Him... there are no limits.
Hallelujah!

Written By:  Linda Lou Jones
Glory To God
PS. 45:1 “My tongue is the pen of a ready writer.”

3 comments:

  1. I love this Linda :) It's so true that sometimes we're tempted to call or text or email a friend first.. I'm just learning to REALLY DISCIPLINE MYSELF TO GO TO GOD FIRST! It's so much more satiating because He cures worries. I love all your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the affirmation! You are most welcome any time day or night. God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God! Love you Linda :)

    ReplyDelete