Total Pageviews

July 17, 2011

#4.  RAINBOW'S BREAKIN' THRU

Rollin’ down that highway
That’s what I’m gonna do
But I’m never ever alone
‘Cause Jesus said:
I’ll never leave or forsake you.

He lives his life through me
Every mile that I go.
He puts his words in my mouth
And I tell others how I love him so.

I get on the old C.B.
Call out to anyone.
Next thing I know there’s an answer
And soon we’re both havin’ fun.

I share how Jesus blesses me.
Talks to me every day.
He protects me & directs me.
All I have to do is pray.

It’s the same for my buddies
‘Cause Jesus loves them too.
Opening their heart, inviting him in
That’s all they have to do.

He’ll forgive their every sin.
Wash it away with his blood.
He’ll put peace & joy within their heart
When the enemy comes in like a flood.

‘Cause Jesus is the answer
They’ve been looking for.
He’ll make them a new creation in him
When they open their heart’s door.

He wants to be their Savior & Lord.
He wants to set them free.
The price has been paid.
It was all done…on Calvary!

ROLLIN’ DOWN THAT HIGHWAY.
THAT’S WHAT I’M GONNA DO.
BUT I’M NEVER EVER ALONE
‘CAUSE JESUS SAID:
I’LL NEVER LEAVE OR FORSAKE YOU.

If you are rolling down that highway
And my Jesus you don’t know
Just call out to him ‘cause he’s there
My friend, the Bible tells us so.

He’s been knocking on your door.
He hasn’t given up on you.
Put your trust in him right now….
He will see you through.

I’ll catch you on the old C.B. some day.
God will work it out.
For now I pray he blesses you
And that His promises you don’t doubt.

So ‘till I QSL with you again
Rainbow sends 3’s and 8’s.
I must go and praise the Lord some more
‘Cause my Jesus, he waits!

ROLLIN’ DOWN THAT HIGHWAY.
THAT’S WHAT I’M GONNA DO.
PRAISE THE LORD! PRAISE THE LORD! PRAISE THE LORD!
HALLELUJAH, PRAISE THE LORD!!!

Written By: Linda Lou Jones
PS.45:1 “My tongue is the pen of a ready writer.”
Glory To God
 FYI:  The above are song lyrics to a song I wrote and recorded on cassette long ago.
'Rainbow' was my 'handle' or 'nickname' on CB radio for many years
Before I committed my life to the Lord Jesus Christ.  
After that, my socalled 'nickname' became even more meaningful, 
As it is symbolic of "God's Covenant" with mankind.
+++

No comments:

Post a Comment