Total Pageviews

July 29, 2011

#25  YOU HAVE TO USE  IT TO DEVELOP IT 


You have to use something to develop it... I was developing an ability to tune in to the Holy Spirit without even thinking about that aspect of it all.  Not to mention my prayer life increased because I would pray and say simply..."Lord, what do I write about tonight...inspire me please."  Then I would pick up the pen and just do my best to get in the flow of the Holy Spirit.  It blessed me to read it afterwards, so I believed it would bless others too.  I knew God was in it and my trust was in Him, so I kept writing.

My dad saw my diligence and he used his skills to do something very special for me.  He built me a little wooden desk, left handed no less.  Drawers only on the left side.  :-)  It was such a joy when he surprised me with the desk.  The yellow legal pads are still clear in my memory though that was decades ago.  Nevertheless as I kept writing...about four hours every night, 10-2 a.m. it was tiring for my fingers, as well as quite time consuming.  

Apparently God thought so because He moved on the heart of someone to give me an IBM electric typewriter, and a good office chair.  I was moving on up in the world... :-) First the desk, then the typewriter and chair...that I did not even pray for.  God was honoring His promise in Matthew 6:33 "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you."  He is faithful!  I recognized His faithfulness to me.  It was humbling.

The years continued and the writing continued, hundreds of poems, several books over the years, yet not published.  I lived it, then wrote it.  Even though not published, the desire and passion to write was so strong it had to be done....... whether my work got published or not.  I figured at least I got it written and if I wasn't here, someone would get it published at some point.  

All I knew was I did not have the funds to put it in print, so I focused on writing.  I am not a quitter and God is faithful so I decided not to fret, but to be productive.  From a word, to a sentence, to a paragraph, to a page, to a chapter, to a book.... and all over again.  I wrote about Jesus and how he revealed himself to me on a daily basis.  

(Continued on #26)

No comments:

Post a Comment