Total Pageviews

August 19, 2011

#38 Depression VS NOT!  

The longer I know the Lord Jesus Christ, the more I want to know him better.  That is what happens when you are dealing with perfection.  He never sinned, never spoke a wrong word, was always accountable to His Father yet was hated by many.  So even though my sins are forgiven; I am accountable to the Lord; plus I am disliked...(I'll be nice and not say hated.) by many, I'm in good company. To not look at truth this way, I could become depressed but I do not take that route.  It is not an option.  Depression is a red flag and as soon as I see even discouragement try to raise its' ugly head in my direction, I take authority spiritually over it. To not do so is to become a powerless ineffective Christian.  Doing so results in rising above circumstances and walking in faith as God called me to.

Okay, that was about me and how I look at things and handle them.  What about you?  In your journey of life are you getting to know the Lord better?  Do you see self with sins forgiven, forgotten by the Lord, and you are washed in the water of the Word of God?  Are you accountable to the Lord for every word, action, thought, etc?  Do you nip it in the bud when depression comes your way?  Are you a powerful effective Christian?  Do you use the authority you have been given in Christ?  Do you rise above adverse circumstances?  Do you walk and live by faith?  

Written By:  Linda Lou Jones
                       Glory To God
                       PS.46:1 My tongue is the pen
                       of a ready writer.   

No comments:

Post a Comment